Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Google Chrome

I always like to play with new stuff. It's been a few days since Google Chrome was launched, I could not wait to try it. As I'm using a Mac at work, I have to try it at home on a PC. It was not as impressive and exciting as it was claimed to be. I ran into some problems. I was not able to install bookmark adds-on. Each time I clicked on Download, it opened a .xpi file. I followed the instructions and still couldn't get it down. After several attempts, I got tired. I ran into another problem. After I logged in my Google email account, I was not able to see any of the email messages. The whole window was frozen and then a small window appeared giving me two options: Kill it or Wait. I tried both and still couldn't get the page open. Sigh! Am I using the wrong browser?

No comments: